Community Investment volunteers are essential to the work of the United Way. United Way staff and board do not determine funding for programs. United Way donors make all funding decisions. We are looking for dedicated individuals who would like to volunteer their time and talents by serving on Community Investment Panels.
- You must be a current donor to United Way of Mower County
- There are 4 investment panels: Education, Income, Health and Basic Needs
- Volunteers will meet approximately 4 times
- Investment panel meetings are held in the evening (4pm-7pm generally)
- Volunteers average about 10 total hours on panels
- Panels generally meet the 2-3 times between mid-February to late March
Community Investment Panels are tasked with directing resources and funding to programs under the Agenda For Change. Volunteers will receive copies of all grant applications under the goal area they are reviewing. In addition to the applications, volunteers will hear a brief report from program directors at the start of their panel meeting.
If you are interested in learning more about the process and how you can volunteer please contact Diane Baker at (507) 437-2313 or DBaker@UWMower.org.